Eligibility for Admission to Undergraduate Courses
* Candidates should have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination (class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or an examination recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi, held in 2010. * In exceptional cases, students who have passed class XII in earlier years may be considered for admission on providing valid reason and submission of proof for the gap years. * Where grades are given in School, transfer of grades to marks will be in accordance with the norms of Association of Indian Universities. * For admission to Gargi College, candidates should qualify within the cut-off percentages (including subject weightage) after taking into account negative weightage for certain subjects as declared by the college.
There is no discrimination inadmission criteria for Hindi medium students. However, at GargiCollege the medium of instructionis English in all courses except in the discipline of Political Science.
How to Apply
* The candidate should have filled the common pre-admission form (OMR form) of the University of Delhi as Gargi College does not have its own pre-admission form. Gargi College Code and relevant Course Code should have been selected / ticked in the form. * The college will display minimum cut off percentages of Class XII aggregate marks for each Course, along with all other criteria for admission, on days prescribed by the University and as given under Admission Schedule of this prospectus. * On being eligible for admission to Gargi College as per the college criteria, the candidate may fill the College Admission form on prescribed days of admission and submit it along with the required documents and fees.
Documents Required for Admission
1. Dateof Birth Certificate (Class X Certificate).
2. Certificateof the last examination passed.
3. Marksheet of the last examination passed.
4. CharacterCertificate from the school/college last attended.
6. Certificateof having passed a Board or Class VIII Examination in Hindi (if exemption fromCompulsory test in Hindi is sought).
7. RelevantCaste certificate (including OBC non-creamy layer), Disability certificate andcertificate from Armed Forces, whichever applicable, in case admission issought in reserved category.
8. MedicalFitness and Participation Certificates for admission on sports basis.
9. ParticipationCertificates for Extra-Curricular Activities for admission on ECA quota.
10. 1Stamp-sized photograph to be affixed on the admission form.
11. Aphotocopy of the common pre-admission form (OMR form) of the University of Delhiin which the GargiCollege code and coursecode have been selected by the candidate.
12. Copyof receipt of prospectus of this college.
*Self-attested copies will be accepted. It is made clear that ifany false attestation/falsified records are detected, the student will bedebarred from attending any course in the University or its college(s) for nextfive years and in addition, a criminal case under relevant sections of IPC(viz. 470, 471, 474 IPC etc.) will be instituted against her to subject her tothe requisite criminal proceeding.
The candidates name in the application form shouldbe the same as in the birth
Certificate. Please add father’s names/surnameto avoid confusion between identical
names while tabulating marks at a later stage.
Indicate your preference for the medium ofinstruction wherever applicable
Provisional Admission Candidates who are unable to produce any of the certificatesrequired for admission, because their University / Board has not issued thesame till the date of admission, will be given provisional admission till 6thAugust, 2010 by which date they are required to submit all the relevantcertificates, failing which their admission will be cancelled.
The candidates must bring their parents/guardians at thetime of admission for signing the admission form in presence of the teacher -in – charge of admissions.
If a candidate is eligible for admission as per the criteriain the first admission list, then the fees must be deposited within thestipulated time along with the relevant documents. Once the next admission list is declared thecandidates eligible from the previous list will not be considered foradmission. Eligibility Criteria for different streams